I’m adapting this from silveradept because I know I often feel like I don’t have anything worthwhile to add on other blogs and it’s reasonable that others do too.
Any commentary that follows the comment policy is worthwhile (basics of the comment policy: don’t be a jerk). If you want to comment, do. If you don’t have the energy, don’t. You don’t have to agree with me and I assume good faith until proven otherwise.
I welcome any of the following types of comments on any of my posts:
- very short comments, including single words (‘like’, ‘yes’, ‘agreed’, ‘flail’), punctuation marks (‘!!!’), +1, emoticons.
- long, wordy comments. An essay or rambling is totally okay.
- Comments and links on related topics.
- Comments on single links, paragraphs or topics.
- Sequential commentary. It’s okay to think of something else later and reply to yourself.
- Discussion of other comments and with other commenters.
- anonymous comments (on livejournal or dreamwidth. Comments at the main site require an email address).
- comments from people who have never talked to me or that I’ve never met.
- comments on old posts.
- links to discussion of my posts on other sites.
How I reply:
- I mostly reply to comments.
- You’re never obligated to reply to my reply.
Linking to my entries:
- Go for it.
- I’d appreciate if you tell me where you linked, but it’s not required.